Customer Portal UK T&Cs
Terms of Website Use
Accessing our Site
2. Access to the portal is provided on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide via the portal without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the portal is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the portal, or the entire portal, to users who have registered with us.
3. Calls may be recorded for training purposes. Close Brothers Premium Finance is a trading style of Close Brothers Limited - a subsidiary of Close Brothers Group plc. Close Brothers Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Address: 10 Crown Place, London EC2A 4FT. Registered at Companies House Number 195626.
Use of this portal
4. The information provided on this portal or in any communication containing a link to this portal is for your personal use and for information purposes only. It is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Close Brothers Limited or any member of the Close Group to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Where any opinions are expressed on this portal, they are provided by Close Brothers Limited for personal use and for information purposes only.
5. The services and products on this portal are intended for use by residents of the United Kingdom only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
6. Access to this portal is restricted to those persons who have activated their account and have a valid Close Brothers Premium Finance account number, user ID, and password. Access or attempted access by unauthorised individuals may lead to legal proceedings.
7. You must not misuse the portal by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the portal, the server on which the portal is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the portal. You must not attack the portal via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the portal will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the portal or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or any website linked to it.
8. The provisions in this 'Our liability' section should be read carefully as they set out the extent of our legal liability in connection with your use of this portal. Nothing in these Terms shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules with which we are bound to comply.
10. The material displayed on the portal is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of the Close Group and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
11. We take no responsibility for the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this portal by unauthorised third parties.
12. To provide increased value to users of this portal, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of Close Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, we have no control over the contents of such sites, are not responsible for the availability of those external sites or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable for (i) the privacy practices of such sites, (ii) the content of such sites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such sites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of those sites or resources; or (iv) any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external sites or resources. No endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressed or implied by any information on our portal.
13. Messages sent over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure as they are subject to possible interception, loss or alteration. We are not responsible for such risks. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages or otherwise in connection with any message sent by you to the Close Group or any message sent by the Close Group to you over the internet where such damages result from circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
14. You have responsibility for the adequate protection and back up of data and / or equipment and for ensuring that you take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
15. "We", "our" or "us" means Close Brothers Limited trading as Close Brothers Premium Finance, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, London, SW19 3RU and its subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective parent and subsidiary companies ("Close Brothers Group"). For the purposes of data protection law, we are a data controller in respect of your personal data. We collect and use your personal data and where applicable this may include information related to your spouse/partner, directors, partners and owners (your "representatives"). Close Brothers Limited is responsible for ensuring that it uses your personal data in compliance with data protection law. If you have any questions about this notice, about how we process personal data or about your rights over your personal data, our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or DPO, Close Brothers Limited, 10 Crown Place, London EC2A 4FT.
16. This notice applies to any personal data we receive from you, create or obtain from other sources and explains how it will be used by us. It is important that you take the time to read this notice so that you understand how we will use your personal data and your rights in relation to your personal data.
Personal data that we collect about you
We will collect and use the following personal data about you and your representatives:
17. Information you give us
19. Information we receive from other sources
How we use your personal data
20. Credit Scoring & Crime Prevention
21. Products & Services
22. Statistical Analysis
Legal basis for processing your personal data.
23. We process your personal data pursuant to the following legal bases:
Sharing your personal data
24. We may disclose your personal data within the Close Brothers Group and to third party service providers in the circumstances described below:
25. We will take steps to ensure that the personal data is accessed only by personnel that have a need to do so for the purposes described in this notice.
26. We may also share your personal data outside of the Close Brothers Group:
27. These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this privacy notice.
28. We may also share your personal data outside of the Close Brothers Group to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation including but not limited to disclosures made to:
Transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area
29. The information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our secure servers in the European Economic Area ("EEA"). However, from time to time, your personal data may be transferred to, stored in, or accessed from a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for a company in the Close Brothers Group or for one of our suppliers. Where we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your personal data will be protected by us in the EEA. This can be done in a number of ways, for instance:
30. In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your personal data outside the EEA. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of your personal data is compliant with data protection law. You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside the EEA (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your personal data) by contacting us in accordance with the "Contact us" section below.
How long we keep your personal data
31. How long we hold your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
32. You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights include:
33. You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the "Contacting us" section below.
36. Close, Close Bank, Close Brothers, the Close Brothers Logo and I-PROMPT are trade marks of Close Brothers Group plc. The display of trade names or trade marks within this portal does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same.
37. We own and reserve all rights with respect to the copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the portal and the content published on it except where indicated otherwise by the inclusion of a third party proprietary notice and will enforce our rights to the full extent of the law. Nothing on this portal shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right to use any part of this portal including any image, trade mark, logo or service mark. No act of downloading or otherwise copying from this portal will transfer title to any software or material on this portal (or any copyright or other intellectual property right in it) to you.
38. You must not use any part of the materials on our portal for commercial purposes without obtaining an express licence from us to do so.
39. The contents of this portal are not intended to provide any financial, investment or professional advice on which reliance should be placed and nothing on the pages of this portal shall be deemed to constitute financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. You must obtain advice from a qualified expert before making any investment decision. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the portal or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
40. Nothing on this portal should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire or dispose of any investment.
Changes to this portal
41. The contents of this portal, including these Terms are subject to change by us without notification. Additionally Close Brothers Limited shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the portal or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
42. Calls may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
43. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Close Brothers Limited reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
44. Important information about compensation arrangements. We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors - including most individuals and small businesses - are covered by the scheme.
In respect of deposits, an eligible depositor is entitled to claim up to £50,000. For joint accounts each account holder is treated as having a claim in respect of their share so, for a joint account held by two eligible depositors, the maximum amount that could be claimed would be £50,000 each (making a total of £100,000). The £50,000 limit relates to the combined amount in all the eligible depositor's accounts with the bank, including their share of any joint account, and not to each separate account. For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please ask at your local branch, refer to the FSCS website www.FSCS.org.uk or call 020 7892 7300.
45. If you are not satisfied with the products or services provided by Close Brothers Premium Finance or Close Payment Services and need to raise a complaint you can do so by writing to us at Close Brothers Premium Finance, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, London, SW19 3RU. Alternatively you can call us on 0333 321 8566 or fax to 0870 243 0029. Close Brothers Premium Finance adheres to the Financial Conduct Authority's rules on complaints handling. We will acknowledge all complaints within 5 business days of receipt. We will aim to issue a final response within 8 weeks.
46. If you are still not satisfied after following Close Brothers Premium Finance procedures, you can contact The Financial Ombudsman Service and ask the Ombudsman to review the complaint. You can write to them at: Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR or telephone 020 7964 1000.
47. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
48. These Terms are governed by the laws of England and any dispute regarding this portal shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Disability discrimination act
49. We are committed to eliminate on the grounds of disability any discrimination in the work place and to making all reasonable and practical adjustments to meet the needs of staff, prospective staff, customers and prospective customers equally. Our Running Account Credit Agreement (RACA) is available on Audio and in Braille. To request these or to seek assistance on any other matters pertaining to the Disability Discrimination Act please contact us at email@example.com or 0333 321 8566.